Tuesday, January 13, 2009

January 13, 2009




There is one amazing thing about winters on the East Coast... with it being so darn cold in the morning and the sky big, beautiful, and clear the appearance of the moon really stands out. In this photo you can tell that the sun is starting it's rise from the color of the clouds.

Literally the moments between day and night. :)

Ten minutes later the moon was completely gone, and the sky was overcast and dreary.

Sometimes you just have to be ready for the great shot.

3 comments:

  1. It also looks very cool right before dark! Plus the moon is larger and closer to horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try one later at night before dark then! I'm usually running around at that point, but I hope to get one of those soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the same problem with me. I see it but can never get a picture of it. The fullness will soon be gone and you will have to wait another month to try again... good luck.

    ReplyDelete