Saturday, January 17, 2009

January 17, 2009



Today was an unusually cold day for this area (8 degrees but with the windchill is was -5 degrees), yet I desperately needed to get out of the house and do some serious photography... Armed with my camera and enough layers to make me look like a sumo-wrestler I headed out (along with my cohort for safety purposes--you'd understand if you lived by my photography belief system lol).

We cruised to the river that is partially covered in ice and managed to capture this image (and many others)while taking chances with falling into the icy river and freezing to death. All is fair in love and photography. Or, in the words of Robert Capa, "If your pictures aren't strong enough, you're not close enough."

4 comments:

  1. So where can I see the many others? Do you have them on a web page or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They will be posted to my photography blog as I get a chance. :)

    http://www.ripleydigitalphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. See even the bird was freezing it's ass off. I'm glad it turned out well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. See even the bird is freezing it's ass off. I swear i am gonna need to get some of those climbing harnesses and attach one to you and to me so i can make sure you don't fall in.

    ReplyDelete