Monday, January 19, 2009

January 19, 2009




"Iced"

Today was amazingly enough a "warm" day though from the look of the photos I captured you wouldn't think so.

While out and about running errands today I took a moment to stop by (for the first time) the "Wildlife Viewing Area" in my town. From the road it appears to be nothing more than a rocky gravel and dirt road that would be dangerous for any vehicle that didn't have four wheel drive.

The potholes alone are big enough to lose a Geo Metro in. However, I was in desperate need of photo-therapy so I (along with my -not much bigger than a Geo Metro- Matrix) took our chances.

To my surprise the area was much nicer than I thought it would be, and truthfully I didn't get to experience all of it because, well, even being warmer it was still freezing.

I fully intend on capturing more of what the area has to offer on subsequent excursions. Until then, I'll be happy with the images of the frozen river that show amazing detail in the ice crystals.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I like it a lot. Though I will admit to trying to figure what it was... :) and then I read on. I am a dork!! I did ( and do ) think it's cool! Keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete