Wednesday, January 28, 2009

January 28, 2009




Today the streets, houses, yards, and cars around my home are no longer covered with snow. Instead, they are covered in ice masquerading as snow. From far away it looks like snow, but when you get close you can see that it is just ice. Hazardous to walk on.

I went outside today specifically to capture the "snowy" ice, only to be touched when I saw this little leaf standing proud on an otherwise bare and empty bush. It was beautiful in its small size, and made fascinating by the frozen drop of water hanging from it.

As far as the size of the image I decided to try it as an 8x8 square with an enclosed frame around it. I liked the way it turned out and might do a few more in this photographic format.

I'd love to know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment